Jeff & Ruth's Bicycle Adventures

Details of our bike ride from California to Florida.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter in Pensacola, FL - Sun 4/8

30 seconds after walking into the LDS church someone invited us to Easter dinner.  This is another of the super friendly wards that we've been finding everywhere.  We had a delightful turkey dinner with Bishop Blaine Lawlor, his wife Janice and a few friends at his home.  It was fun, restful Easter.

We met two missionaries at church.  One of them was from Vacaville and is best friends with my nephew, Devin.  Small world.

Miles: 6.5  Average: 13.2

The truth from Ruth:  We have been so blessed being members of our church.  I was a little down, thinking we'd be spending most of Easter alone in our hotel room, eating tuna fish sandwiches.  Instead, because of kind church members, we had a wonderful afternoon with delicious food and delightful people.  Thanks to them and to all of you who reach out to strangers and make them feel welcome.
Sacrament meeting was wonderful as well.  There were three musical numbers: the Primary children, a great male vocal soloist, and a women's group.  I really enjoyed it, although I missed being at home and a part of the Easter special music there.  Music really brings the spirit, and I felt the Savior's love today as I celebrated His resurrection.  Happy Easter everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kalina said...

that's awesome. Those are my parents that invited you to dinner. It's the way they are. awesome people I know. Have fun with your bicycle adventures!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home